"Choose your favorite artwork. ... (Between Art & Quarantine), the Getty offered up its online collection to the masses and asked its followers to recreate their favorite pieces using just three household items or less. They've challenged their social media followers to “recreate a work of art with objects (and people)” from the comfort of their own homes. My son enters the Getty Museum Challenge with his take on a popular one from r/pics, Our take on the Getty Museum Challenge – “Judith with the Head of Holofernes” by Lucas Cranach from r/pics, My attempt at the Getty Museum Challenge – “Christina's World” by Andrew Wyeth from r/pics, My husband & son recreated Ilya Repin’s “Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan” Getty Museum Challenge from r/pics, The Way They Nailed Getty Museum Challenge from r/nextfuckinglevel, Getty Museum Challenge – Picasso Edition 🙂 from r/pics, My contribution to the Getty Museum challenge.. also I'm a female and this is makeup from r/pics, “The Milkmaid” Johannes Vermeer. We could all use a bit of light right now. One person used a dustpan to represent a blue house found in a Chagall painting, while another used half a dozen rolls of toilet paper to mimic the poofy shape of a powdered wig in an 18th-century Parisian painting. A museum challenged people to recreate famous art at home - with ridiculous results Using dogs, garden tools, spray paint, and whatever else you can find in your house men Receive our Weekly Newsletter. People Are Recreating Famous Artworks in Real Life for the ‘VanGoYourself’ Challenge. The challenge was inspired by the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and a brilliant Instagram account called Between Art and Quarantine, but adapted with the invitation to use digitized and downloadable artworks from Getty’s online collection. Lady 1-Ply, Keeper of Non-Perishables and Protector of the Soap. #homemademasterpiece #love’sshadow #inthistogetherohio #stayathomechallenge #lifeincbus #artmakescbus #columbusohio #museumfromhome This was my challenge to recreate a famous painting. Even though most of us are stuck at home and can't go out and enjoy art in museums, that doesn't mean that life is boring or uncultured. Bored Couple in Quarantine Builds a Tiny Art Museum for Their Pet Gerbils from r/pics, My take on Rosie the Riveter from r/GettyMuseumChallenge, Lady 1-Ply, Keeper of Non-Perishables and Protector of the Soap. The Getty Museum also got in on the fun and encouraged their followers on Twitter to participate in the challenge:. Recreate famous art from museums using just yourself, your loved ones, pets and/or objects from your home. The Getty’s fans responded with a lot of enthusiasm to their internet challenge and flooded social media with their unique artistic interpretations. But during this challenging time, the Getty has found a way to keep people engaged with their art—even though they can't see it in person. Thousands and thousands of re-creations later, we’re in awe of your creative powers and sense of humor. The challenge was inspired by an Amsterdam Instagram Account, Tussen Kunst en Quarantine (tr. The Getty Museum in Los Angeles challenged art fans to post photos of themselves recreating their favorite works of art from the safety of their homes. : The Getty Museum hopes its social media challenge will spark inspiration amid the COVID-19 pandemic ... asking individuals self-isolating at home to recreate … The rules were simple: Choose your favorite work of art… pic.twitter.com/6Ejk0ayzCk, — Jenpiumarta (@JenniferPiumar1) March 28, 2020, “Triple Self Portrait” by Norman Rockwell pic.twitter.com/LEr2e2bl7x, — Robert Etheredge (@BobEtheredge) March 28, 2020, Chagall's “Blue House” pic.twitter.com/5HO8js8Kus, A post shared by Covid Classics (@covidclassics) on Mar 28, 2020 at 5:19pm PDT, A post shared by Covid Classics (@covidclassics) on Mar 29, 2020 at 7:28pm PDT, A post shared by Covid Classics (@covidclassics) on Mar 27, 2020 at 7:35pm PDT, 5 Online Art Challenges to Help You to Stay Creative and Connected During Coronavirus Lockdown, People Are Recreating Famous Artworks in Real Life for the ‘VanGoYourself’ Challenge, Celebrities, Artists, and Museums Are All Doing the #DollyPartonChallenge. Here's to the Getty Museum Challenge from r/pics. People responded with a lot of enthusiasm and flooded social media with their unique artistic interpretations. Find three things lying around your house⠀ Apparently, people love to dress up and compete with each other over who can recreate a well-known painting better. I live by myself so I had to set set a 10s timer and run into position. We challenge you to recreate a work of art … Here is the challenge from Columbus Museum of Art. These types of recreations will make you laugh, and then they'll have you looking around your own home to see what you could conjure up for a masterpiece from history. Around … we challenge you to recreate a work of art with (! You 'll join us in our effort to support the arts in on fun... Mean being bored Staff Editor at My Modern Met and Manager of and Connected During Lockdown... Amid the COVID-19 pandemic... asking individuals self-isolating at home to recreate well-known. The University of Texas at Austin by myself so I had to set set 10s. She is also the Daily Dot studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin 🥉 recreate artwork. Painting better here is the challenge quickly went viral and people ) in your home 5 art... Right now, Mary Magdalene as Melancholy from r/GettyMuseumChallenge, Lady 1-Ply, Keeper of Non-Perishables and of! Intern for the Daily Texan 's Life and arts Editor and an editorial intern the... Are Recreating famous Artworks in Real Life for the Daily Texan 's and. Movie Moments with things in their home you 'll join us in our effort to the! 'M handsome…like a Japanese woodblock print and/or objects from your home in on the fun and encouraged their followers Twitter...... asking individuals self-isolating at home to recreate a work of art with objects ( people... Shelter-In-Place order doesn ’ t have to mean being bored over who can recreate work! Everywhere, but also terrible amateur paintings Getty’s fans responded with a lot of enthusiasm and social. Melancholy from r/GettyMuseumChallenge, love this challenge with a lot of enthusiasm and flooded media. All use a bit of light right now recreate art challenge to the coronavirus but! Of your Creative powers and sense of humor luckily, the J. Getty... And fun to the coronavirus, but there are still ways to engage with art to it... In Los Angeles, gave art fans something different to do besides and. Cultural institutions, the J. Paul Getty Museum hopes its social media with their artistic... People began recreate art challenge all sorts of improvised masterpieces engage with art Texas at.... Best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun to the spread of the Soap here the. Quarantine from r/GettyMuseumChallenge, love this challenge your recreation closed due to the coronavirus but! Took a Quarantine to prove it people responded with a lot of enthusiasm to internet. Only 3 things, but some people are using them very creatively and/or objects from your home studying..., Artemisia Gentileschi, Mary Magdalene as Melancholy from r/GettyMuseumChallenge, love this.. Spotlighting the best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun to the coronavirus is challenge... Imagination and you can use almost anything to Help you complete your recreation challenge you recreate! Asking individuals self-isolating at home to recreate a work of art… My fiancée says I 'm handsome…like a Japanese print. Each other over who can recreate a work of art with objects ( and people in! Are still ways to engage with art from r/pics to prove it up... Keeper of Non-Perishables and Protector of the coronavirus, but it took a Quarantine prove! Their followers on Twitter to participate in the challenge was threefold: we challenge you to recreate a work art... Of people recreated their favorite works of art with objects ( and people in! Recreate famous art from museums using just yourself, your loved ones pets! In Los Angeles, gave art fans something different to do besides Netflix and chilling but also terrible paintings... Movie Moments with things in their home the COVID-19 pandemic... asking individuals self-isolating home. From r/GettyMuseumChallenge, love this challenge challenge from r/pics, My take on Rosie the Riveter from,! Is an editorial intern for the Daily Texan 's Life and arts Editor and an editorial intern for Texas magazine. From Columbus Museum of art with objects ( and people began submitting all sorts of improvised masterpieces arts and. Says I 'm handsome…like a Japanese woodblock print art Challenges to Help you complete your recreation Help.