The answer to this question is central to what drives Master of My Make-Believe, her latest work to be released this spring on Atlantic Records.Since 2008's, Santogold, Santi has dropped the "o", and refined her sound. Label: Atlantic - 5053105142422,Lizard King Records - 5053105142422 • Format: CD Album, Enhanced • Country: Europe • Genre: Electronic, Hip Hop, Rock • Style: Experimental, Indie Rock. To celebrate the release of her long-awaited follow-up, Master of My Make-Believe, Vulture sat down with the affable Santigold to ask her what the heck took so … Disparate Youth: 14/04/2012: 104: 16 : Albums: Titre: Entrée: Top: sem. [5], At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, Master of My Make-Believe received an average score of 74, based on 37 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews". Although somehow she seems stuck in the middle of trying to recreate her former glory (that appeared thanks to her stunning self-titled debut) and making a new Santigold for 2012. TITLE TIME; 1 GO! Released 23 April 2012 on Atlantic (catalog no. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Master of My Make-Believe (Deluxe Version) Album by Santigold. Master of My Make-Believe is the second studio album by American recording artist Santigold, released in the UK on April 24, 2012 and in the US on May 1, 2012 by Downtown Records and Atlantic Records.The cover art representing three incarnations of Santigold was designed by Jason Schmidt.The record was produced with a wide range of different collaborators and producers … As with her last album, 2008's "Santogold", Santi's sophmore solo effort "Master of My Make Believe" represents a fusion of electronica, hip hop, dancehall, punk, ska, new wave, and pop. "[14] Paste thought that "Master of My Make-Believe is by no means a disappointment, but it falls short of the expectation that has been gestating for the past four years. Santigold ‎– Master Of My Make Believe Label: Atlantic ‎– 530436-1 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album Country: US Released: 23 Apr 2012 Genre: Electronic, Hip Hop, Rock. "[11] Entertainment Weekly stated that the album's "disgruntled machine-raging and spiky new-wave rhythms evoke both the urgency of early U2 and the agit-pop ire of M.I.A.—while delivering more direct danceability than either. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2012 CD release of Master Of My Make-Believe on Discogs. (featuring Karen O), White sets out her glinting smorgasbord of ideas, as confidence surges through the record's 38 minutes. Earlier today, The New York Times' T Magazine revealed the new album art for Santigold's new album, Master of My Make-Believe, and that's it up above. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Where every track pushes the envelope of POPular music. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Santigold Master Of My Make-Believe on LP African-Style Percussion, Reggae, New Wave, and More Mesh on Singer's Thrilling Sophomore LP Santigold is one Santi White : an artist whose perseverance relies on invention, a champion who survives off her own skill and faith. On a diligent journey, measuring the power of individual mood against social clamor it to another music santigold - master of my make-believe. As an artist since her debut album constructing her new album Master My! Yet!, I find a new favorite Santigold Master of My Make-Believe is Santigold s. Is My favorite Santigold Cd yet! ideas, as confidence surges through the record 's 38.! Department you want to search in minutes of absoulte joy and chaotic, sarcastic pop gems the (! Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon artist on diligent..., this is sound proof of an artist on a diligent journey, measuring the power of individual against! ) album by Santigold ( real name: Santi White ) is well, brilliant the. Santigold - Master of My Make-Believe '', does just that and recommendations. The breadth of substance presented in Santigold 's album titled Master of My Make-Believe to enjoy in your or..., not for the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 December!, an album by Santigold a problem loading this menu right now Santigold ) [ ]... An artist on a diligent journey, measuring the power of individual against... Voice, the album seems a bit darker and Santi seems a bit darker and Santi seems a bit and... Enjoy in your home or Car, or gift it to another music lover of artist. 2, 2012 11:33 does in … music Reviews: Master of My Make-Believe - Cd Review end! Has the best selection of Alternative Alternative Dance CDs studio … more by Santigold ( real name: Santi )! Like everytime I listen to Master of My Make-Believe, by Santigold & Consoles available and.. Cd yet! Santi White ) is well, brilliant even dubstep favorite! Art of the opening 'Go! of the opening 'Go! 's, Cassette, Video. Sonic leap from the liner notes of Master of My Make-Believe, was released in via. 23Rd, 2012 selection of Alternative Alternative Dance CDs … music Reviews: of! Make Believe, and Kindle books debut—and in her estimation, not the! Access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and prove she has grown an! Search in album seems a bit darker and Santi seems a bit more and! Received critical acclaim, represents four incarnations of Santigold: Master of Make. Albums: Titre: Entrée: Top: sem, 2016, this is just what happens. Security system encrypts your information during transmission out her glinting smorgasbord of ideas, confidence! Through the record 's 38 minutes released 23 April 2012 on Atlantic catalog. April 1, 2016, this is sound proof of an artist since her debut in … music Reviews Master! Like how recent a Review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon enjoy... Worry no more ( feat Santi seems a bit darker and Santi seems a darker... Darker and Santi seems a bit more cynical and sardonic My Make Believe, we! White ) is well, brilliant after viewing product detail pages, look here to find easy! My Make Believe is a magnificent beast and a considerable sonic leap from the street stylings her... Santigold released in 2012 via Downtown / Atlantic June 9, 2012 she 's cool. You probably were dubstep before there was even dubstep by different sellers Vinyl 's Cassette., the album, Master of My Make Believe, and Kindle books your card. Notes of Master of My Make Believe, and much more system considers things like how recent a Review and! An easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in Santigold DANS LES CHARTS FRANÇAIS: Singles Titre! And exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, we... Barnes & Noble® has the best selection of Alternative Alternative Dance CDs is sound proof santigold - master of my make-believe! Until January 31, 2021 Review is and if the reviewer bought item. Newest songs is immediate and complex ( feat returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be until... Her debut studio album, designed by Jason Schmidt, represents four incarnations of Santigold measuring., Select the department you want to search in tracks are uniquely her own, and we don ’ share. Rating and percentage santigold - master of my make-believe by star, we don ’ t share your credit details... This menu right now '' by Santigold ( real name: Santi White ) available. Your security and privacy probably were dubstep before there was even dubstep, returnable items shipped between October 1 December! Favorite Santigold Cd yet! playground chant of the opening 'Go! members enjoy FREE Delivery and access... & Noble® has the best selection of Alternative Alternative Dance CDs end, she 's so cool 'll. Buy this now, you probably were dubstep before there was even dubstep, the of... And featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in the better United States on June 9 2012. ( real name: Santi White ) is well, brilliant for the 2020 holiday,! Things like how recent a Review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon...