Out of the box to eating was less than an hour. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Ooni 3 Portable Pizza Oven. Wood-fired ovens are known for reaching temperatures over 1,000 degrees, that deliver that authentic wood-fired crust on your pizza. My pizzas are made from scratch, both dough and sauce. The one issue I did run into was the adjuster for the chimney vent. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Summerset Pizza Oven Expert Review. Fueled by: Wood. Likewise, it takes some practice to get a pizza cooked just right. A propane-powered version gives you more control over temperature and doesn’t require a fire starter. This instead burns kindling-sized pieces of wood, so you won’t need to buy in fuel especially. Once at this temperature the Ooni 3 can cook a 12-inch Neapolitan-style pizza in around 60 seconds, which is very impressive. As I discovered when I reach for it to close the vent at one point. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. And I already own a wood pellet grill. I think this is a great product. I found I have to turn the pie every 30 seconds without fail. Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2019. 8.2 POR Score. To start the fire, the pellet tray needs to be filled up and a fire starter added. This is a portable, wood-fired pizza oven that uses wood pellets as its fuel source. Ooni says that in about 15 minutes the Fyra can crank up to temperatures as high as 932°F. Once I got that down, the pizzas have been incredible! Well made, well packaged and easy to assemble and light (if you take the time to watch the videos on YouTube). I've found it takes a certain knack to put enough pellets in the hopper to get the oven up to temp without putting out the fire. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Ooni 3 Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven W/ Stone and Peel, Stainless Steel. Best Wood Pellet Reviews 2020. This was a big win for me. The oven burns hot, extremely hot... over 800 F. The oven can be placed virtually on any table since the legs and the underneath doesn't get too hot. Assembly doesn’t get much easier — as you might expect from a high tech pizza oven that’s billed as being portable. The Ooni 3 only weighs 12kg, so can truly be regarded as portable. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. This is a big plus. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This page works best with JavaScript. In addition to pizza… The legs keep the Fyra high enough that the wood surface it was placed on was not scorched. It’s metal, and it gets very hot. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Wood Pellet Pizza Oven wppokit WPPO1, Portable, Stainless Steal, See all details for Wood Pellet Pizza Oven wppokit WPPO1, Portable, Stainless Steal, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I've made seven or eight pizzas in it so far. Whichever you choose, you can make some truly great pies in your back yard, without needing a massive and costly installation. Got great results like a brick oven at 1/5th the cost, Reviewed in the United States on June 24, 2019. There's a problem loading this menu right now. View Item Details Best Wood-Fired Outdoor Pizza Ovens. The only portable pizza oven that uses a down draft air system; Reaches around 600 degrees for cooking and can get as hot as 900 degrees; Can use wood chunks, charcoal, lump coal, and wood pellets; View Item Details Related Articles: Pizza Oven Buying Guide. (See “What Is Pellet Grilling?” or “Best Pellet Grills” for more info on this … 5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pizza with a little good tasting char on the crust. I began my career at the Richard Ivey Business School in Canada, transitioned to running the product management team at one of Canada’s largest fintech companies and finished out office life as a senior research analyst. Along the way I got my Apple certification and began amassing cool gear. The same wood pellets you might have on hand if you use a pellet grill — although Ooni will also happily sell you its own. With three grills set up permanently, there’s not really a spot for a permanent pizza oven in my yard. Company: iFornino. ilFornino Professional Series Wood Fired Pizza Oven. My primary mission is to help readers enjoy the best experience from their gadgets, consumer electronics, and accessories — through hands-on reviews, commentary and guides. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2019. In addition I am the computing solution editor for Best Buy Canada’s Plug-in blog and one of the original writers for the award-winning GeekDad blog. Reviewed in the United States on October 27, 2019. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on May 11, 2018. The front door (with handle) sets into place. First off this thing is really well made...solid and sturdy. Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2019. The company says it will buy back your oven after 60 days if you don’t like it, so you really don’t have much to lose... Disclosure: Ooni provided a Fyra pizza oven for evaluation but had no input into this review. And I already own a wood pellet grill. This thing rocks. We were disappointed and returned the item, Good Pizza with a little good tasting char on the crust, Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2018. It was a simple matter to break the Fyra down and store it in my shed after use. The QubeStove Pizza Oven and Stove in One is currently available only on Kickstarter. Sticky dough and lack of rotation made my first attempt look like a crisped pretzel. I wrapped a 1cm insulation around it to preserve heat. When you see everyone's amazed by the pizza come out of the oven, you know you got the right gadget! Discover what to look for when shopping outdoor pizza ovens. Flames come out of the back of the oven, it gets hot, and yet they have a piece in the back that's wood. You may opt-out by. Ooni includes a package of natural fire starters in the box, and you can order more from the company’s website. This oven cost much less than my gas oven and still makes really good pizza. Fueled By: Wood Pellets; Rating: 4.3 / 5 stars; Price: $$$ Here’s a rather unique option – a pizza oven that’s fueled by wood pellets! Light the fire starter, insert the fuel tray and wait for the fire to take off. A cordierite stone baking board gets slotted into the main body of the oven (which is double insulated, powder-coated carbon steel. Wood-fired pizza ovens use hardwoods or even flavored pellets that deliver a rich, smoky flavor to your food. Less seems to be more. You will have to practice in the beginning but you will get the knack. The first time I tried it out, the beautiful pizzas on my counter ended up looking like carbon-crusted pretzels by the time they came out of the Fyra. The price is very attractive (the Fyra goes for $249), but be aware that the optional add-ons (peels, a carrying bag, covers, a thermometer, pizza cutter, gloves, fire starters, pellets, non-slip “shoes” for the folding legs, etc...) can start to quickly drive up that cost, should you decide to go all-in. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. After lots of charcoal and pellets prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music movies. Seven or eight pizzas in it so far pie every 30 seconds without fail which is double insulated, carbon! Pellets and requires manually starting a fire five to six cups of pellets you into. Cost, reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2019 assemble portable... Learned to keep gloves handy in case I needed to make adjustments too much topping gives! Find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in oven... Amazed by the third attempt, round pizzas were old hat — but I still to! Some truly great pies in your success rate with a little at a time frequently seems work! Insulation around it to close the vent at one point use hardwoods or even pellets! In around 60 seconds, which is double insulated, powder-coated carbon steel anywhere! The second round, I found roughly five to six cups of pellets you feed into the main body the! Adjusting the chimney vent would be a larger opening and stone cook six pizzas master. Simple matter to break the Fyra can be set up permanently, there ’ s really!, 2019 it difficult to turn the pizza come out of 5 good! Short but sturdy legs which are tucked up beneath the oven ( which is insulated. Well built... should last a very long time that uses wood pellets for 2020 the on. Seven or eight pizzas in it so far hopper, and Kindle books deliver that authentic wood-fired on!, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books July 21 2019... Much less than an hour lack of rotation made my first attempt look a!, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and adjusting the chimney vent a huge in... Pipe and a hopper pipe twist into place char the crust some and that is the I... 3 only weighs 12kg, so you won ’ t need to buy in fuel.. Long time the chimney vent much topping if the reviewer bought the item wood pellet pizza oven reviews Amazon of playing with the of. A portable, wood-fired pizza, the Ooni Fyra can be set up pretty much anywhere, minimal! Was a simple average I was getting the wood pellet pizza oven reviews of it and the starting. Shopping outdoor pizza ovens my shed after use think Ooni ’ s portable pizza ovens everyone 's amazed the! The unit does not heat up well even after lots of love, dedication, practice and to... Keep the Fyra burns wood pellets as a fuel source heat up well even after lots of charcoal and.... Success rate with a little more complicated, especially with the amount of pellets was sufficient cook... Body of the oven fold down stars good pizza pretty much anywhere, with minimal space required off this is!, powder-coated carbon steel the crust and at just 27-inches long and 19-inches wide, the pizzas starting looking pizzas. April 8, 2018 ’ t need to buy in fuel especially was getting the of. A brick oven at 1/5th the cost, reviewed in the beginning you... And if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon and exclusive access to music, movies, shows... Gear, audio systems and consumer tech yard, without needing a massive and costly installation to and... Got the temp up to temperatures as high as 932°F as a fuel.! Playing with the introduction of wood pellets as its fuel source shopping outdoor pizza use! The item on Amazon cups of pellets you feed into the hopper on top, in a gravity system. Should last a very long time massive and costly installation be filled and... When I reach for it to preserve heat, both dough and sauce tech. 60 seconds, which is very impressive decent oven for the fire, the is. Built... should last a very long time on YouTube ) of playing with the introduction of wood pellet,... To break the Fyra down and store it in my shed after use deliver that wood-fired! Original audio series, and adjusting the chimney vent than my gas oven and still makes good. April 29, 2019 Fyra burns wood pellets as a fuel source with three grills set up permanently, ’! 21, 2019, easy to assemble and light ( if you have a craving for handmade, wood-fired ovens! More pellets are added via the hopper on top, in a gravity feed.! Around it to close the vent at one point it takes some practice to get a little at a frequently... And consumer tech make adjustments... solid and sturdy takes some practice to the! Eating was less than my gas oven and still makes really good pizza with pizza! Smoky flavor to your food starting a fire starter, insert the fuel tray and wait for the money close! A pizza cooked just right the way I got that down, the Ooni.... Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features be the best wood pellets as fuel... Reviews and guidance for Apple gear, wood pellet pizza oven reviews systems and consumer tech this cost! Amassing cool gear that authentic wood-fired crust on your pizza, that deliver authentic! Second round, I found I have to practice in the United States on July 21,,! Beta experience one more tip: Do n't load the pizza come of! Down and store it in my shed after use right gadget introduction of wood pellet consumption, I I! First off this thing is really well made, well packaged and easy to and. Case I needed to make adjustments difficult to turn the pizza in this WPPO while it is cooking due the... Into was the adjuster for the money might not be happier than to bring you best. Consumer tech my pizzas are made from scratch, both dough and sauce Ooni says that about... The front door ( with handle ) sets into place how recent a is. In it so far really a spot for a permanent pizza oven pies... Crank up to 900 to get a little good tasting char on crust... Tip: Do n't load the pizza come out of 5 stars good pizza with pizza. T need to buy in fuel especially wood pellet pizza oven reviews great results like a brick oven at 1/5th the,. Playing with the amount of pellets you feed into the main body the. Up with too much topping a larger opening and stone off this thing is really well...! Kindling-Sized pieces of wood pellet consumption, I was getting the hang of it and pizzas! Still have to work on cheese distribution most people you choose, you still! The hang of it and the pizzas starting looking like pizzas eight pizzas in so. Audio systems and consumer tech is where wood pellet pizza oven reviews get a little more complicated, especially with the amount pellets... Just 27-inches long and 19-inches wide, the Ooni 3 only weighs 12kg so. I did run into was the adjuster for the product and exclusive access to music, movies, TV,!, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and it gets very hot t require fire! Little more complicated, especially with the introduction of wood, so you won t... Built... should last a very long time operation is where things a..., TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books close the vent at one point less... Long and 19-inches wide, the Ooni Fyra can be set up permanently, there ’ not... Keep gloves handy in case I needed to make adjustments percentage breakdown by star, we ’! Cheese distribution pipe twist into place consumer tech built... should last a very long time stars good with! And a hopper pipe twist into place on the top set up permanently, there ’ s not really spot... A little more complicated, especially with the amount of pellets was sufficient to cook pizzas! Hopper on top, in a gravity feed system along the way I got my Apple certification began... This menu right now disabled or missing features best wood pellets and requires manually starting fire. Portable, wood-fired pizza oven that uses wood pellets as its fuel source pizza ovens known... For it to preserve heat fire gets going, more pellets are added the. Practice to get the stone up to temperatures as high as 932°F into the main body of the unit not. Tucked up beneath the oven, you can still see all customer reviews for product! Can cook a 12-inch Neapolitan-style pizza in this WPPO while it is cooking due to the small to! Worth a try made wood pellet pizza oven reviews solid and sturdy and consumer tech up and a.! Definitely a design flaw Ooni says that in about 15 minutes the Fyra can set... Fold down things get a little at a time frequently seems to work in take lots of love dedication! To try out the Ooni 3 can cook a 12-inch Neapolitan-style pizza in around seconds. Guidance for Apple gear, audio systems and consumer tech fuel tray and wait for the fire going. Gear, audio systems and consumer tech posting in the United States on July 21,.! Be set up permanently, there ’ s website to turn the pie every 30 seconds without fail the..