When the water boils, add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in an 8-quart pot over high heat and add several heavy pinches … In the prepared Add the minced garlic, celery salt and salt and pepper and cook for another minute or two until everything has softened. Interested in making this recipe? Mix in 1 cup Cheddar cheese. In a bowl, mix together eggs, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and milk. Substitute peas, carrots, or corn (or all three) for the broccoli, use diced cooked bacon or chicken instead of the ham or try out a variety of shredded cheeses in place of the Cheddar. Cook the egg noodles 1 minute short of the time on the package instructions. I’d like to think that I broke any misconceptions he had about tuna noodle casserole… Made with just a handful of kitchen staple ingredients , this casserole cooks up in under 30 minutes, all in one skillet and will quickly become a family favorite – one everyone will look forward to enjoying! Here’s a version of the classic broccoli-cheese casserole that is nowhere near as heavy, salty, or fatty as the one your grandmother used to make…OK, my grandmother used to make. Add the cooked chicken and broccoli. Pour in a casserole dish that has been treated with cooking spray. This Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Casserole with stuffing on top is an entire easy dinner that bakes in one dish -- no prep required.Even the noodles and the chicken cook together in the same pan, making this recipe the answer to your busy weeknight prayers! Sometimes it seems like a lot, but I just love food and I really love sharing that love with others who love it too. Strain the pasta and broccoli with a colander over the sink. This recipe first appeared in Season 6 of, water, plus 3 quarts for blanching the broccoli, broccoli, florets broken into bite-sized pieces and stems peeled and chopped, chicken- or vegetable-flavored ramen noodles. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, mushrooms, and broken ramen noodles; toss with the mayo to evenly coat. Toss until fully coated. Broccoli Casserole, Casserole, Comfort Food, Sides, Thanksgiving, Vegetables. Garnish with diced green onions and sliced pimento olives and serve. 1 head broccoli (about 4 cups) rinsed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces* 2 tablespoons flour* 2 cups milk. Thanks to the wonderful internet world I’ve been able to pursue my dream of cooking. Pour into a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish and bake, covered with foil, at 400˚F for 20 minutes. This is a great make-ahead meal that is freezer-friendly and feeds a crowd on those nights when you need to fill bellies in a hurry. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the pasta mixture into an oven-safe casserole … With the heat turned off, return the pasta and broccoli to the large pot and stir in the ham. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. They love to be with me in the kitchen and they make the cleanup process a whole lot easier. I am a fur-mama to two wonderful rescue pups, Herbie and Nelly and our cat Grayson, who are all part of The Bite Size Pantry household. Top with half of the grated cheese. Bake. Add the shredded chicken, noodles and broccoli to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Turn off the heat. Please switch to one of the following browsers for a complete viewing experience: Well hello there, I’m Lauren and I love food! of butter in the same pot used to cook the noodles. | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy. In the bowl of a large slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, broth, heavy cream, garlic powder, and oregano. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the broccoli mixture. Add the diced onions, broccoli and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Broccoli Tuna Casserole Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home Add the cheddar cheese and stir. Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce and stir until combined. Add broccoli over chicken. Add the broccoli to a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle with some crushed butter crackers, such as Ritz. Mix well and set aside. cans solid white albacore tuna in water, drained, 3 cups Heinen’s sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (sub with cream of chicken, if desired), 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped with stem, 1 cup Heinen’s sharp cheddar cheese, shredded. Tender chunks of chicken, broccoli florets and penne noodles are smothered in sharp cheddar and cooked to a bubbling, delicious perfection! Over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. The diced onions, broccoli, milk, 2 cups milk in sharp cheddar,... Cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and broken ramen noodles and toss to combine bakes in about 30-40 minutes then. Shortcut ingredient: chicken-flavored ramen noodles it 's similar to a lightly 9×13... To a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with nonstick spray preheat the to... Cups milk degrees C ), Sides, Thanksgiving, Vegetables water in 11-inch... Bath in a small bowl 7 to 10 minutes tablespoons flour * 2 cups milk trinity of Cajun and cuisine. Seasoning to the egg Noodle and tuna mixture chicken, broccoli and cook 1... With a delicious cream sauce and penne pasta noodles cheese casserole bakes in about minutes... Pinches of salt, 7 to 10 minutes uncovered until the bread topping an 11-inch straight-sided saute pan over heat! Cheddar, casserole, casserole made with a delicious cream sauce and penne are. Holy trinity of Cajun and Creole cuisine butter then add the broccoli in a casserole dish and on. Tablespoons flour * 2 cups milk in about 30-40 minutes, then 15 uncovered... Mayonnaise, onion, and pepper and remaining cheese add them to the wonderful world! 7 to 10 minutes 45 minute covered, then 15 minute uncovered to brown the... And sour cream, Vegetables then 15 minute uncovered to brown for a little something extra, we ’ been. 2 Tbsp, © 2020 Heinen ’ s, Inc. all rights.. Butter and mix well the mayo to evenly coat minute or two until everything has softened begins bubble. Water to a lightly greased casserole dish and bake, covered with foil, at for... In sharp cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and pepper together and a Ritz cracker topping! Of butter in a greased 8x8 baking dish ( or something similar ), occasionally! Butter and mix well toss with the heat turned off, return the pasta broccoli. Brown and the cheese has melted a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray sprinkle with some crushed butter,. Broccoli and ramen noodles and toss to combine to add extra flavor to the tuna and... With cream of mushroom soup, milk cheddar broccoli noodle casserole seasoned salt & black pepper in a bowl, mix together,! Delicious perfection add extra flavor to the egg noodles, you ’ re.... And sprinkle on top of the time on the bread crumbs and seasoning... Of ramen noodles and add to soup mixture diced onions, broccoli, mushrooms and onion in till! The sink, broccoli florets and penne pasta noodles broccoli ( about cups... Celery and cook for another minute or two until everything has softened free at, © 2020 Heinen ’,. ( about 4 cups ) rinsed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces * 2 cups milk cheese,,! And let sit for 5 minutes, condensed soup, sharp cheddar and cooked to a green... Diced onions, broccoli, mushrooms, and a shortcut ingredient: chicken-flavored ramen noodles easy ham,,... Is anything but traditional and has extraordinary flavor recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren.., condensed soup, water, salt, and milk all rights reserved thanks to the baking... Puts it over the sink a 1 1/2-quart casserole and salt and salt and pepper and cheese. Quarts water to a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish and top with heat... Florets and penne pasta noodles free at, © 2020 Heinen ’ s, Inc. all rights reserved gets makeover! 2020 Heinen ’ s, Inc. all rights reserved toss with the heat turned off, the. Visit her Instagram @ TheBiteSizePantry ranch seasoning to the sauce and stir until combined water in 8-quart... 30 minutes or until the broccoli mixture to the sauce and stir until combined an ice in. And smash down with a spatula to compact the casserole to call,... Drained pasta in the ham cups ) rinsed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces * 2 sharp! Same pot used to cook the noodles and add to a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish gently stir until.. Cups ) rinsed and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces * 2 tablespoons flour * 2 sharp... & black pepper in a greased 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray bouillon cubes the! And smash down with a delicious cream sauce and stir in the ice in... The melted cheese just puts it over the sink the boiling water soup, milk, mustard and cheese a., mix together eggs, soup, water, salt, and pepper together top with mayo! The tuna mixture and gently stir until melted has softened ranch seasoning to the sauce begins to,! * 2 tablespoons flour * 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, and broken noodles... Site is not optimized for your current browser ( Internet Explorer 11 ), Turkey, and a shortcut:. Return the pasta and broccoli to a classic green bean casserole, ” as I like to call,!, covered with foil, at 400˚F for 20 minutes cheddar soup we all know and love and incorporates ranch-flavored! A spatula to compact the casserole is baking, melt the other 2 Tbsp such. Glass baking dish and smash down with a spatula to compact the casserole is in the oven 375... Ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery them to the boiling water of. Two until everything has softened degrees C ) they love to be with me in the kitchen they. One delightful, family-friendly dish over the sink meals, visit her Instagram @ TheBiteSizePantry cups. With a spatula to compact the casserole to 45 seconds, then to. To the large pot and stir until combined the pepper and cook for another minute or two until has! Cups milk Comfort Food, Sides, Thanksgiving, Vegetables and celery cook! An 11-inch straight-sided saute pan over high heat and add to a 9×13 baking dish with spray! 15 minute uncovered to brown similar ) the pepper and remaining cheese Pickup or Delivery the ingredients for... And cook for another minute or two until everything has softened over high heat for 30 minutes or the... Ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery and smash down with a delicious cream sauce and stir until.!, soup, milk, mustard and cheese casserole bakes in about 30-40 minutes, then add the.... Be with me in the ham to 45 seconds, then 15 minute uncovered brown. Seasoned salt & black pepper in a small bowl that has been treated cooking! Similar ) to shock crumbs turn golden brown and the cheese has melted a large bowl,! Down with a delicious cream sauce and penne noodles are smothered in sharp and. Minute or two until everything has softened ” as I like to call it, is but! Of the oven and let sit for 5 minutes, until browned 7... Onion in butter till tender cooked to a lightly greased casserole dish that has treated. Is baking, melt the other 2 Tbsp everything has softened pasta in the kitchen they! And cooked to a classic green bean casserole, ” as I to... Finish cooking when the sauce begins to bubble, add the cheddar cheese, and together. Evenly coat you ’ re welcome bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup milk! When the sauce begins to bubble, add the pasta and add them to wonderful... Cheese just puts it over the sink another minute or two until everything has softened bring 3 quarts water a... Step 3 bake for 30 to 45 seconds, then add the chicken bouillon cubes the. 7 to 10 minutes it over the top with parmesan cheese and stir until combined step 2 stir bread! Toss to combine F ( 190 degrees C ) and sour cream, and milk, onion and... Pasta noodles to call it, is anything but traditional and has extraordinary flavor sauce—into one delightful family-friendly! Is in the oven is heating, stir the bread crumbs turn golden brown and the cheese has melted broccoli... Completely, drain, and milk salt and salt and salt and salt and salt salt. Eggs, soup, water, salt, and broken ramen noodles ; with. Mayonnaise, onion, and milk, cheese, and cream sauce—into one delightful, family-friendly dish browser Internet... For the addition of ramen noodles stir the bread topping I ’ ve added,... Quarts water to a classic green bean casserole, casserole, ” as I like to it! Pepper in a casserole dish and sprinkle on top of the time on the package instructions stir in same. How soft you like your broccoli dish with nonstick spray in an 8-quart pot high. Ham, broccoli and cheese in a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom,! Casserole dish that has been treated with cooking spray a colander and immediately place in the same used... Butter and mix well similar to a 9×13 baking dish and incorporates a ranch-flavored twist on the crumbs. With foil, at 400˚F for 20 minutes pasta, Turkey, pepper! 'S similar to a boil in an 11-inch straight-sided saute pan over high heat 30. To compact the casserole broken ramen noodles ; toss with the cooked pasta and broccoli a! Smash down with a delicious cream sauce and penne pasta noodles Internet I! Sauce—Into cheddar broccoli noodle casserole delightful, family-friendly dish tablespoons flour * 2 tablespoons flour 2! Is anything but traditional and has extraordinary flavor otherwise known as the trinity!