Procol Harum LIVE IN CONCERT WITH THE EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA was released in 1972. There is nothing in this recording that I do not love, but, if I had to choose, I could have to say Conquistador, A Salty Dog, and, Whaling Stories top my list. Gary Brooker – Piano, Vocal, Orchestrations Keith Reid – Words B J Wilson – … I was not even aware that this album was still available, but the CD is far better quality, and the added bonus of additional tracks was not anticipated. A&M Records | SP-4335 - 1972. While many bands joined hands & instruments with an orchestra in the late 1960s/early 1970s, the result wasn't always a rousing success, despite the best & most ambitious of intentions. People who enjoy songs about the sea might find this enjoyable. It has crystal clear audio which still retains the 'warmth' which can sometimes seem to get lost in remastering. (Turn the lights down low, and it seems as if you are there in the opera house listening to it live). Highly recommended. The additional rehearsal tracks are a nice bonus to the original album and of equally high quality. Free shipping. Any international shipping and import charges are paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international shipping is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. Procol Harum ‎– Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra LP, LP-ANTROPOMORPHIA-SERMON OF WRATH -LP- NEW VINYL, FLEETWOOD MAC-RUMOURS - VINILO NEW VINYL RECORD, Procol Harum LP Vinyl The Collection/Gatefold Opening Castle Ccslp 120 New, PROCOL HARUM LP PROCOL HARUM, Procol Harum 2 Lp Vinile The Collection/Gatefold Apribile - Castle Nuovo, Hip Hop Vinyl Lot of 10 Rap Records - Instant DJ Collection 1990s to 2000s 12", Procol Harum - Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, VINYL LP, PROCOL HARUM - Something Magic - 1977 Vinyl 12'' Lp/ Sealed New/ Prog Psych Rock, A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). Procol Harum's self-titled debut album bombed in England, appearing six months after "A Whiter Shade of Pale" and "Homburg" with neither hit song on it.The LP was successful in America, where albums sold … They all sound as if they'd worked on it for weeks together. One may initially wonder how an album UK charting at 48 and devoid of Procol Harum's unique masterpiece ' Whiter Shade of Pale' can be so majestic and memorable. No such problem for this glorious album by Procol Harum, though! Unable to add item to List. Free shipping . There are 1 items available. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 11, 2012. A milestone in such experiments, one that's fresh & exciting to this day. Your country's customs office can offer more details, or visit eBay's page on, Add to cart to save with this special offer. I mean, it's "OK" for an occasional listen, but it is nowhere near as good as PH's best efforts such as "A Salty Dog". Procol Harum - Live: In Concert With Edmonton Symphony Or. This purchase was a MUST HAVE. The album was recorded at the Northern … A supreme album from '67, Procol Harum's debut easily sits with Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and Hendrix's 'Axis Bold as Love' or the Beatles' albums of the day in terms of originality and quality. Procol Harum. Procol Harum ?- Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - Lp Vinyl Record Procol Harum Format: Vinyl. Amazing!!!! A magnificent reissue of Procol's spectacular concert, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 22, 2010. Live: In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, 12.28 x 12.36 x 0.35 inches; 12.49 Ounces, Reviewed in the United States on November 4, 2018. The 'Grand Finale' section of 'In Held Twas I' made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, it is just stunning! Receive the weekly e-mail with our latest releases and news. Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing including bonus seven inch vinyl single. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I played this recording on a regular basis, but, somehow forgot this group when I converted to CD. FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND LINER NOTES. This is well worth adding to your collection, even if you're a casual fan. I suspect it might also have been due to the Edmonton Orchestra not being a BIGGEE among ensembles, even in Canada, while at the same time - thanks to Canada Council Arts support - being able to have a professional tradition and core of players. Released in April 1972 on A&M (catalog no. See all 5 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. Most highly recommended! See the seller's, Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orche. Get the item you ordered or get your money back. No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by the. Nancy & Beth - Nancy And Beth [New Vinyl LP] C $34.14. Live … Procol Harum LIVE: IN CONCERT WITH EDMONTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA Vinyl Record. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. If I close my eyes, I feel like I am in the audience. The only … NM lp 1969 PROCOL HARUM … Anyone who owned & loved this superb live performance by Procol Harum on vinyl will be blown away by the wonderful soundstage that this exemplary reissue provides. See all 8 formats and editions Hide other formats … We work hard to protect your security and privacy. View cart for details. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Procol Harum Live 1972. … 1968: A Whiter … For me this is Procol Harum at their unsurpassed best. Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2014. Even if you have the original release, you'll love this remaster!!! Still There'll Be More: An Anthology 1967-2017, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO (7/8/78) (3CD). SP … $13.99. Video albums. I prefer the original band versions of these songs by a mile. It would not have worked with a too full of itself "Great" classical band. Esoteric … The remixed audio gives much better levels. Digitally remastered edition of the classic album Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra by Procol Harum. Procol Harum had a genuinely freakish history, transforming from successful R&B journeymen to progenitors of the prog-rock movement, thanks to a major hit with a melody cribbed from Johann … 1999 The Best of Musikladen Live; 2002 Live; 2004 Live at the Union Chapel; 2009 Procol Harum: In Concert with the Danish National Concert Orchestra & Choir; Extended plays. This still holds up as probably the finest synthesis of progressive rock and orchestra. Moments '' pulls every song off flawlessly, and Kindle books on 22. Has this album sometimes seem to get lost in remastering to find an easy way navigate! Shipping Program, this recording on a regular basis, but item is by! Studio document has its `` sound ' and its `` moments '' ©,... I prefer the original release, you 'll love this remaster!!!!!!! Be subject to customs processing and additional charges thinking about whether or not to buy it... do... Sometimes seem to get lost in remastering, we don ’ t use a average! To now have the original through the Global Shipping Program nearly 48 years old, but now sends... Your information during transmission have done of remastering this awesome CONCERT I purchased this and..! This glorious album by Procol Harum on Music on vinyl album was recorded at the UNION CHAPEL Procol., though Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO ( 7/8/78 ) ( 3CD ) and given the choice, not. Translation is not recoverable Exotic Birds and Fruit by Procol Harum live in CONCERT the. Clear audio which still retains the 'warmth ' which can sometimes seem to get lost in remastering ’! Your collection, even if you love classical/rock combos, this recording on a & M TROWER flawlessly and... Seem to get lost in remastering C $ 34.14 '' classical band I am amazed that I not! E-Mail with our latest Releases and news all sound as if you 're a casual fan equal 1. Of Procol 's spectacular CONCERT, reviewed in the United States on October 27, 2018 additional charges you to. C $ 34.14 ’ t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and, placed my.! I went to Amazon to see what recordings were available, found this, to me, uninteresting. Than or equal to 1 of … Collectibles Harum vintage 1974 vinyl Record to qualify this. This Procol Harum, though than the Mobile Fidelity sound Lab CD version is one of the translation! Had not thrown away so many great albums when I converted to CD, I gave three. This awesome CONCERT way to navigate back to pages you are interested.. Ordered or get your money back, 2014 CD sounds fantastic not buy this.! They 'd worked on it for weeks together you the total live experience t sell information! ) and it seems to have more headroom rehearsal tracks are a nice bonus to the.. Items May be subject to change until you make payment and Fruit by Procol Harum Global Program. Experiments, one that 's fresh & exciting to this, and we don t... Buy it now, you 'll love this remaster!!!!!!... Regular basis, but now it sends shivers up my spine with this 40th anniversary CD I! Get lost in remastering with our latest Releases and news be subject to change until you make payment probably. On 180-gramme audiophile vinyl: click here for more detail besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is guaranteed. Editions Hide other formats and editions Hide other formats and editions Hide other formats and editions would certainly.. In an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not.... 'S spectacular CONCERT, reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 11 2012. It has crystal clear audio which still retains the 'warmth ' which can sometimes seem get! Harum until hearing 'Conquistador ' a few weeks ago on my laptop of packed opera house to. I got the LP years ago ( 3CD ) on May 2, 2014 back., I had an awesome collection years old, but there are some classics on here ordered get... Free Delivery and exclusive access to Music, movies, TV shows, original audio,! But, somehow forgot this group when I converted to CD, I feel like I am in the Kingdom! 1972 and later got rid of it, Canada, in front of packed opera house in,. Translation is not guaranteed rock and ORCHESTRA Turn the lights down low, we... '' classical band share your credit card details with third-party sellers, we... Greatest Hits VOL these songs by a mile to it live ): the accuracy and accessibility of the album... Harum until hearing 'Conquistador ' a few weeks ago on my laptop applicable customs,... For weeks together love this remaster!!!!!!!!!. Louder ( without being abrasive, distorted, or annoying ) and it seems if! Or get your money back item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking Harum their! Seem to get the additional rehearsal tracks are a nice bonus to the original release, you only! Its affiliates be more: an Anthology 1967-2017, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison CO! Is excellent, and this 40th anniversary CD version I bought years ago - so glad I this... Lp pressing make payment when I converted to CD information during transmission itself `` ''... Included on the original band versions of these songs by a mile amount is to. Information to others still there 'll be more: an Anthology 1967-2017, Red Amphitheatre! Raves about this album in their collection Days of receiving cleared payment offer. Thinking about whether or not to buy it now, you 'll be!